The Era of Accountability:
Enhancing our Professional Practices
April 5-7, 2017
Payment by check (mailed to VAISEF) is preferred payment method. Follow prompts through registration provider Eventbrite to select payment option.
Full Conference Registration includes:
- Participation in all conference educational programming and printed conference materials.
- All meals from Wednesday dinner to Friday breakfast, including the Annual Awards Banquet, Thursday evening dinner reception and Thursday night President’s reception, and
- Door prize opportunities.
2-Day Registration includes
- Participation in all conference educational programming and printed conference materials,
- All meals from Thursday breakfast to Friday breakfast, including the Annual Awards Banquet,
- Thursday evening dinner reception and Thursday night President’s reception, and
- Door prize opportunities.
1-Day Registration includes
- Participation in Thursday’s conference educational programming and printed conference materials,
- Breakfast and lunch on Thursday, and
- Door prize opportunities.
AGENDA AND CONFERENCE DETAILS
The conference will have programming over the course of all three days. Click here for detailed descriptions of all presentations.
Wednesday – Meetings on Wednesday, April 5 only require the attendance of various committee and board members. The Wednesday evening dinner will be held on site at Kingsmill in the Pettus House and is included in the cost of conference registration. Partlow Insurance and Elwood Consulting will be hosting a bourbon tasting and wine tasting following dinner. There will be a cash bar during dinner.
Thursday/Friday Educational Programming – The programmatic theme of this year’s conference is “The Era of Accountability: Enhancing our Professional Practices” and includes a wide range of programming from both VAISEF members, the Virginia DOE, and other individuals and organizations. There will be a morning keynote and multiple tracks of breakout presentations.
Keynote – Scot McCarthy will present our Spring Conference Keynote on “Diagnosing Accountability Challenges in Specialized Education”:
All industries experience performance gaps and accountability issues, but with the ever changing landscape of special education and the impact these changes may have on current and future practices, diagnosing these gaps is a critical leadership competency. This interactive keynote presentation will provide an opportunity to assess your individualized accountability challenges and introduce a model that helps to diagnose the root cause of performance gaps in your organization.
Thursday Membership Meeting – The Spring Semi-Annual Membership will be held during the lunch hour on Thursday.
Past Presidents Reception – Hosted by Partlow Insurance preceding the annual awards banquet.
Annual Awards Banquet – At the annual awards banquet, we will honor the recipients of VAISEF’s multiple awares including the Margaret Shepherd Teaching Award, the Making A Difference Award, the Volunteer of the Year Award, and several awards new for 2017.
President’s Reception – Hosted by Elwood Consulting, the President’s Reception will be held in the Pettus House following the Banquet.
Friday – Friday morning will feature additional general session presentations.
Kingsmill Resort is offering a range of accommodation options at a VAISEF group rate. Details about the different room options are on the Kinsgmill website.
- Resort Guestroom – $159
- Resort One Bedroom Suite – $209
- Deluxe Guestroom – $179
- Deluxe One Bedroom Suite – $259
- River Guestrooms – $219
- River One Bedroom Suite – $299
All rate are subject to 6% state sales tax, 5% occupancy tax, and a $2 per room night occupancy fee. Reservations can be made by calling Kingsmill at 1-800-832-5665. The group code to reference online or by phone is VAISEF. Reservations must be made by Wednesday, March 22 to guarantee the group rate.
The VAISEF group rate includes:
- Complimentary WiFi in guestrooms and meeting spaces
- Use of Kingsmill Guest Fitness Facility
- Complimentary shuttle service in resort and to Colonial Williamsburg
- Complimentary parking
The majority of our conference programming is on April 6 and will include a keynote presentation, three concurrent breakout tracks, and our semi-annual membership meeting. For our exhibitors, this means ample opportunities to interact with our attendees; time during breakfast and registration, a morning break, Thursday lunch, an afternoon break, and at the end of the programming. We will also hold a networking reception and dinner that evening, which you are invited to attend. Many of the attendees of this event are key decision makers for their facility and this would be a great opportunity to showcase your product. Total conference attendance is expected to be between 85 to 100 individuals. The fee for exhibitors is $600 for one person which includes an exhibitor table, breakfast, lunch, recognition in our program as an exhibitor, and a copy of all conference materials for one person ($200 per additional attendee to cover meal costs). We will also include your logo on an “Exhibitor Bingo” card. As our attendees visit each exhibitor, they receive stamps on their card and turn in completed cards at the end of the day for raffle prizes.
If your organization would like to further support VAISEF or is unable to attend, we also offer sponsorships of the conference starting at $250. Showing your organization’s support will allow VAISEF to recognize the commitment to our mission, to help keep down registration costs for individual attendees, and highlight your support as a partner in serving children with disabilities in Virginia.
Levels of Sponsorship
- $1000 Recognition as Annual Awards Banquet Sponsor
- $750 Recognition as Keynote Session, General Session, or Lunch Sponsor
- $500 Recognition as Breakout Track Sponsor (3 Available), Breakfast Sponsor, or Break Service Sponsor
- $250 Recognition in Program as General Sponsor
Sponsorship includes recognition in our program as a sponsor of one conference agenda item (i.e. breakfast, lunch, keynote, etc.), recognition on signage at the conference, and distribution of any materials sent to us in advance with attendees’ conference materials. Additionally, any sponsor at the $500 level or above, who would like to reserve an exhibitor table, can do so for a supplemental fee of $450 (25% off the normal fee for exhibitors of $600).
OTHER KINGSMILL DETAILS
- Here is the link to Kingsmill’s ON-SITE ACTIVITIES: http://www.kingsmill.com/recreation/overview/
- Here is the link to Kingsmill’s INTERACTIVE RESORT MAP: http://www.kingsmill.com/meetings/resort-map/
- Here is the link to Kingsmill’s SPA SERVICES: http://www.kingsmill.com/spa/overview/
Should you have any questions, we are happy to provide more information. Contact us via email at email@example.com or via phone at (804) 332-1794.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
- Any registration cancellation / refund requests made by 12:00 PM on March 27, 2017 will be refunded the full registration fee.
- Cancellation / refund requests made by 12:00 PM on March 31, 2017 will be refunded half (50%) of the registration fee.
- No refunds will be made for cancellations after 12:00 PM on March 31. 2017.